As we continue to live through these unusual and difficult times, here is another simple recipe for you all – my cream cheese frosting.
When it comes to frosting, this is one of my favourites. It is a versatile icing mainly used with carrot cake and red velvet cakes it pairs extremely well with chocolate cake too.
While making this recipe, the cream cheese I usually use is from La Cremella or Britannia. Both are available on Big Basket most of the times. Try to use seeds of a vanilla bean for this recipe if possible, the tiny specs of black through the white icing looks beautiful.
Also, do not forget to share your results with me and tag me on Instagram using @ovenbytes or #ovenbytes!
Simple & Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting
- 200 grams Cream Cheese room temperature
- 200 grams Butter unsalted preferrable
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essece
- 350 grams Icing Sugar sifted
- 50 grams milk powder
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and using an electric hand blender or whisk, until the cheese is smooth. Mix at the highest speed possible.
- Add in the softened butter and mix well again. Scrap the bowl fro the sides and bottom and mix again.
- Sift in the icing sugar and milk powder, mix again. Start slowly and then increase the speed of the blender. Make sure that the icing sugar has no lumps.
- Add in the vanilla essence or bean for one final mix.
- Chill this icing in the fridge for 30 min or so if it becomes too soft.