This is a question I get frequently asked and hence I thought why not write about it and share the pros and cons. Built-in vs Stand-Alone Oven can only be done after we understand each one of them.
A built-in oven is the one that fits in between your kitchen cabinets, while a stand-alone oven is a gadget you bought and placed on your countertop.
|Built-In Oven||Stand-Alone Oven|
|1. Best for when you move into a new house where you are building the kitchen from scratch.|
2. This is a great way to save countertop space
3. If building your kitchen, try to get this set up at eye level so as to avoid bending regularly to take out heavy items from the oven (not great for the back).
4. Comes without a hob on top.
5. Brand I have used and loved: Faber
6. To know more about my Faber oven, read here.
|1. Best for when you are in a home that already has a fully functional kitchen that does not have a separate space for you to get a built-in oven setup.|
2. This uses up precious countertop space
3. Place it wherever you have space and is suitable for you to keep reaching to.
4. Comes with and without a hob on top.
5. Brand I have used and loved: Unox
6. To know more about my Unox oven, read here.
I hope this quick comparison has helped you and answered your queries.
To read more about ovens, OTGs, microwaves etc, see the links below:
1 . Microwave, OTG or Oven: What Is Best for Me?
2. Unox Ovens:: A Great Countertop Oven for a Home Bakery
Stay Safe and Happy Baking,