Another week goes by, and the lockdown continues and so with this, let us pamper our closed ones with a delicious and luxurious chocolate treat, chocolate truffles.
These chocolate truffles are simple to make, and eating just one is never enough. 🙂
Coat these truffles in as many toppings of your choice and treat your loved ones. These make for excellent gifts for friends and family on any occasion.
For all chocolate lovers trying out this recipe, my suggestion, double the recipe! 🙂
Also, do not forget to share your results with me and tag me on Instagram using @ovenbytes or #ovenbytes!
Easy Eggless Chocolate Truffles
Ingredients for Truffle:
- 120 grams Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 60 ml Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Alcohol (Brandy, Rum, Bourbon, cognac etc) optional
Ingredients for Coating the Truffles (As many as you want):
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Roasted Coconut Shavings
- ½ cup Roasted, Crushed Nuts
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- Place chopped chocolate in a glass bowl. Heat the cream in a saucepan on medium heat, till small bubbles start appearing on the sides of the pan.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Cover the bowl lightly for a few minutes. Remove the cover and stir the chocolate and cream till the chocolate has completely melted and is mixed thoroughly with the cream. If there are still lumps of chocolate, put the bowl in the microwave for 30-second intervals till fully mixed. You can do this over a double boiler as well.
- Add in the butter and stir till combined. Add in the alcohol as well, if using.
- Cover the mixture using cling film with the film touching the chocolate mixture. This will help in not creating a skin on your chocolate mix. Leave to cool to room temperature and then put in the fridge for at least an hour or till firm enough to roll into balls.
- Till the mixture is chilling in the fridge, let's prepare the coating. Roast your coconut shavings or nuts in the oven if that's what you have planned for your coating. In a pre-heated oven at 180 deg Celcius, roast your for a few minutes till the coconut shavings are golden in colour and in case of the nuts, till you start to smell the aroma of the nuts, approximately 10-12 minutes. If you choose to use sprinkles, cocoa powder or powdered sugar, just keep them all in individual small bowls.
- After an hour or so, take the mix out of the refrigerator. Using a melon baller/small icecream scoop or a spoon, take out small portions of the mix and roll it between your hands to make small 1 inch balls.
- Roll your truffles into the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, sprinkles, coconut shavings or nuts immediately. Place in a tray lined with baking paper and then back in the refrigerator till firm. Later store in an airtight container.