With a majority of us working from home, managing kids and the various house chores, easy, few ingredient recipes are a must to have in one’s repertoire.
With that in mind, my next five blog posts will showcase some of my favourite easy, quick and hassle-free recipes.
With the summer arriving, there is no better time than making ice-creams. If you are in India like me, then this is the peak Mango season, hence why, I introduce you to my refreshing Mango Ice-Cream. No eggs and no ice cream machine required for this one!
I have been making this recipe for the last five years now, and it has never failed me. I hope you give it a try.
Do share your results with me and tag me on Instagram using @ovenbytes or #ovenbytes!
Easy Eggless and No-Churn Mango Ice-cream
- Ice Cream Machine (optional)
- 2 Ripe Mangoes (Alphonso, Safeda)
- 1 Ripe Mango, cubed
- 3 cups Full Fat Milk
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Cream at least 25% fat
- In a blender, puree the 2 mangoes.
- In a bowl, mix the mango puree, milk and condensed milk well.
- In a chilled bowl, whip up the cream. Fold the cream through the mango and milk mixture.
- Take an airtight plastic container or an aluminium container, and add the entire ice cream mix and store in the freezer. If you have an ice-cream machine, check out my tips at the bottom.*
- After every hour or 2 hours, using a fork or whisk, scrape the sides of the ice-cream. Keep doing this until the mixture starts to resemble an ice-cream. This process helps to eliminate ice crystals in your ice-cream.
- Midway through the freezing process, fold in your mango chunk pieces. Keep stirring the ice-cream every hour till it is soft and creamy.
- Serve your ice-cream by adding more slices of mango, toasted coconut flakes or just a little bit of mint. Enjoy!